British Water Cooler Association (BWCA)
The BWCA is a trade association whose mission is to ensure that its members offer the highest standards of quality, safety and hygiene to the consumer together with an unimpeachable product and service. The BWCA funds ongoing technical and microbiological research related to water coolers and bottled water. It organises job-specific training courses for its members, whose staff must pass these as a requirement for each BWCA member's yearly audit.
For continued membership and accreditation, members must adhere to strict Bylaws, Codes of Practice and the Code of Advertising and Conduct and are audited for compliance annually by 3rd party inspection organisations.
The BWCA has close and ongoing relationships with key national and local government departments and agencies including the FSA, the Environment Agency, Trading Standards and Environmental Health Departments.
Why Choose a BWCA Member?
Accredited Members of the BWCA provide a guarantee of:
- Environmental consciousness
This is achieved through:
- Water source and bottling plant quality assurance
- Cooler 'sanitary maintenance' and 'sanitisation programmes'
- 3rd party audit and inspection programmes
- Training and education programmes for members' staff
- Environmentally friendly practices
- Quality, Safety and Environmental Consciousness
- Professional Training & Education